Thursday

A surprise certificate of Internet Governance

Few days ago I’ve received on my snail mail inbox a certificate I was expecting for 2 months. As it is written on it, “this certificate is to certify that I’ve successfully completed the following course on Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme”. It’s an online course organized by the DiploFoundation which is based on the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies in Malta. You can find all the details about the course which is related the framework of the WSIS Internet Governance debate in this link. What is great is that I started this 4 months course when I was in Mali and I’ve been able to make only the exam in Tunisia (at home hopefully because I cannot imagine myself doing it on a cybercafé there). During these 4 months, I had a weekly homework of reading and commenting texts and online colleagues’ comments related to the different aspects of Internet Governance. I was used to the technical aspects in my engineering studies but discovering the new aspects (called baskets on the course) like legal, economic or development ones was really interesting for me. Especially since I became an ICT4D addicted since the WSIS in Geneva. A research project was also required and a final exam consisting of answering to 2 of 3 questions related not only to the course but also to the discussions we had periodically. Personally I’m very proud of this certificate you can see it here even if I’m not sure that it has a value here in Tunisia since 4 months online course has no equivalent in our academic system.

Article Source : http://www.mraihi.com/blog/index.php?2005/08/22/36-a-surprise-certificate-of-internet-governance&cos=1

1 comments:

Jai Kishan said...

Thanks for sharing such useful information regards Internet governance certificate. This pots is very helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards
Power Protection Services

Post a Comment